Loving in km on Valentine's Day


Image result for paper hearts tumblr


"L is for the way you look at me
 O is for the only one I see
 V is very, very extraordinary
 E is even more than anyone that you adore" - Nat King Cole, Love

Happy Valentine’s Day!
I am I guess what you call an enthusiast when it comes to DIY Valentine’s Day gifts, cards and decorations. I remember in primary school my friend's and I would spend a whole afternoon at one of our houses cutting out paper hearts and making valentine's cards for secret crushes and classmates.

Image result for letters envelope

This year I made a card and posted it 745km. Non the less I sent him a lengthy message about how much I cherish him,followed by being stuck in traffic all the way to work, but somehow everything felt a bit more light hearted, colleagues were in good spirits (they clearly got loving).
They say long distance is hard, trust me days like these are even worse! We decided to do with what we had, which was Skype. We cooked and had a lovely glass of wine talking for hours, it felt like I had him here with me, we were on a virtual date, but in my heart I know what we have is real and over time the wait for km's to become a past tense in our relationship will be worth it.


For me it’s these moments that really stand out in my mind because I know as months pass by we grow closer to spending Valentine's day together for years to come  – this wonderful, long distance, innovative, pure love.

Namaste  xx

Comments