DIY Cream Highlighter


Image result for cream highlighters


I love highlighters, it adds that perfect statement for a night out or add a subtle amount and you all fresh faced the next day. Some days when I am in a rush mascara and highlighter is my go to for the "glowing look". I definitely prefer a cream highlighter but once it is done I wait months cause the decent highlighter I prefer breaks my student budget. I honestly think makeup brands should come up with a student budget highlighter for university girls like me.😜

I looked far and hard in the depths of the Internet and finally found a DIY cream highlighter that works hundreds for me, maybe it would work for you too.

 

You will need:

  • A container
  • champagne colour eyeshadow ( I love the essence eyeshadow)
  • Moisturiser
  • Primer (longer lasting)
  • Rosewater
  • Mixing too

 

Steps to follow:

  1. Mash up the eyeshadow into a powder substance (fork or back of a spoon works wonders).
  2. Add a tiny amount of moisturiser (start off with like a 20c size, add more if needed).
  3. It is optional, but I do recommend adding a little primer to make it last longer.
  4. Add a little rose water at a time till you happy with the consistency.
  5. Remember, adjusting the consistency is not difficult! if it is too thick add more moisturiser, if it is too thin add some more eyeshadow.
  6. Once everything is in your container mix it through to a creamy paste and remember to close your containers lid when storing it away!
There you have it! Your DIY face highlighter is ready to give you the sparkle. Now we ask how to use it? Here are my top three ways:

  • Take a small amount and apply it just above the cheekbone I prefer blending it with my finger for a even glow.
  • You can add a tiny bit to your brow bone for effect.
  • We all want the gorgeous plumped lip effect, so why not add a  bit of highlighter to your cupid bow for that effect?
I would love to hear from you if you have any DIY beauty tips to share.

Namaste xx






Comments

  1. What is the highlighter that you're wanting to buy? Such a clever idea, but boy I am way too lazy for this! lol.

    https://anordinarygalblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning sorry for the late reply had a hectic past week,I am so stuck on the ABH Moonchild glowkit but not ready to bite that bullet yet(maybe after my first paycheck comes in, Maybe!)

      Delete
  2. This is such a cool idea. I love make up DIYs but have so many highlighters to work through.
    I see you're in PE as well. There's a bunch of PE local bloggers on this FB group, https://www.facebook.com/groups/ecbloggers/
    We have meetups and share advice etc, join us if you like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have quite a number of DIYs coming up that I think you will enjoy!
      Thank you so much for the tip! I will go have a look at the FB group, would absolutely love to meet more PE bloggers since I am a bit new to the world of blogging.

      Delete

Post a Comment