My Top 10 coffee shops in Port Elizabeth





Image result for good coffee

Grinding early mornings and late nights with my January exams in sight (literally a day away) I am basically living off coffee and highlighter stains, other than Jacobs being my go to brand Port Elizabeth has thee most amazing tranquil coffee shops in my opinion and exploring them has become a bullet point on my hobbies list.
It’s no surprise that South Africans love a good cup of coffee and if you’ve ever pondered on the thought of where the caffeine lovers (like myself) in Port Elizabeth quench their love of coffee I will let you in on my top 10 places in no particular order!:

1. Urban Espress Coffee Co.

You are mesmerised from the moment you walk in, air filled with amazing blended aromas and and electric catchy vibe that makes you want to come back.  They say, "the experience is all about the coffee buzz, the hype, the vibe and everything that comes with it. We’re here for the distinctly unique flavor of the coffee bean" and is exactly portrayed in their service and passion for coffee.

Image result for urban espress coffee co

Address: 25 6th Avenue and 23 Constitution Hill.

2.Bocadillos Bakery and Cafe

This place is phenomenal! Their beautiful decor and wide choice on menu, oh and their baked goodies is to die for! (Their brownies are my go to). The setting and service I applaud! nothing better than relaxing with a cup of coffee in a surrounding where you feel welcomed and at peace.


Address: 42 6th Ave, Port Elizabeth, 6057, South Africa 

3.Cobblestone Bistro & Bakery 

I absolutely love this family orientated and operated bakery and café it is that place where you walk in and feel at home with a welcoming staff and instant aroma filling the air with their delicious farm-style meals and rich coffee beans brewed into that perfect cup of coffee.

 Address: 40 6th Avenue, Walmer

4.Seattle Coffee Co 

Best coffee ever, seriously! If you drink chai lattes trust me try theirs, if you don't try it anyway you will thank me later! The staff are always so joyful and its clear its a pleasure for them to work there which rubs off on the client, definitely a bonus.Come on now, no one can tell me they didn't go banana's over the copper lighting against the wall?

"At Seattle we have worked hard to maintain the craft element of coffee."

 Address: 125 Main Rd, Port Elizabeth, 6065, South Africa

5.Vovo Telo  


For me Vovo Telo is on this list not just for its coffee but definitely their bakery! do yourself a favour!  all their breads a pastries are freshly baked everyday and what I love the most is that they actually use the old traditional artisan techniques to their baking. Am I not glad the hunger on a Madagascar beach brought them here!

Image may contain: coffee cup, coffee and drink

 Address: 16 – 18 Raleigh Street, Richmond Hill

6. Micoffee

In a rush and just a cup of java on the go? Micoffee is the place for you. Port Elizabeth's first drive-through coffee shop (convenience!). Micoffee specializes in single-origin coffees and is a hit with the growing amount of Banters with their Banting-friendly Bulletproof Coffee.

Address: 152 Main Road and 106 Hurd Street (Newton Park).

7. Friendly Stranger 

Friendly Stranger is situated in a old cobblestone building in the urban with a touch of the modern Baakens Valley. Friendly Stranger is known and loved by a number of people I know for its friendly service (definitely true to their name!), infectious ambiance, artistic touch and most definitely , their coffee.

Address: Bridge St, Port Elizabeth, 6001, South Africa

 8.Rhubarb and Lime

Rhubarb and Lime is a booming retro coffee shop specializing in gourmet delicacies. They passionately aim at giving coffee lovers the most talked about coffee experience in Port Elizabeth.

Address: 7 Park Drive

9.Brioche Food and Coffee Restaurant

 Brioche has been a warm place of comfort for me and luckily its just down the road from home. The staff at Brioche deserve an award for friendliest staff in my opinion. The place is filled with ambiance, the food and coffee is fantastic. Truly one of my PE bests

Image may contain: coffee, coffee cup and drink


Address: 181 Main Road, Port Elizabeth 6070, South Africa
 

10.Kaffeine Restaurant 

This is that one coffee shop my friends and I love going to, it is that coffee shop where you can just plunge down in the couch and relax after a day at university and enjoy a good cappuccino and of cause free WiFi. The atmosphere is actually just so chilled that hours pass by without noticing.

No automatic alt text available.

Address: 8th Avenue | Shop 9, Port Elizabeth 6001, South Africa


Share your favorite coffee shops in Port Elizabeth with me in the comments section below, would love to hear from you and maybe explore some more coffee!

Namaste xx

 


Comments