I loved Cape Town so much it was hard to leave







 Somehow, somewhere I must have missed the passing by memo that Cape Town is hands down the coolest city ever!

So when I finally stumbled off the plane from Port Elizabeth a hour later, tired as hell, I was pleasantly surprised by the sprawling metropolis at the edge of the world. What? Cape Town is all kinds of beautiful.

Being a Karoo girl at heart, I am not a big fan of big cities but when there are a bunch of green places and designs placed out in such a way that makes it feel like a busy Karoo town, I am a fan! Cape Town luckily managed to tick all those boxes for me.

It spread out all along a wide and breath-taking coastline with pearly white sandy beaches, cute surfer towns with of cause the iconic Table Mountain lurking in almost every angle.

The harbour is definitely one of the nicest I have seen with amazing little shops and        restaurants. Its clear as day light why the most expensive real estate in South Africa, no, Africa is found in the iconic Cape Town.

As my time in Cape Town was drawing to a close I realised I wasn't ready to leave, tears and emotions kicked in. Have you everfelt that way about a place?  So it was time to make the best of my adventure there.
Cue long dinners, beer in Longstreet, road trips and Canon moments with hipsters and coffee shops. While Cape Town has so numerous things to do , I found myself just treasuring the moments spent there with the one I love dearly, going for long walks and exploring.





Welcome to my moments in the inglorious city that made me fall head over heels in love with Cape Town


 1. Table Mountain

Its no secret, Karoo girls love mountains. So to be a really hip and fun city with a beautiful mountain as a backdrop, its definitely the best of both worlds for a girl like me. With dead straight cliffs and a long flat surface the name says it all.


Heading up early morning was the perfect day to start out a random sunny summer day in the middle of June (Cape Towns rainy cold season) we were blessed there was a beautiful layer of mist over the city giving a great feel to start off any day.



 2. Kalk Bay

Kalk Bay is known as fisherman's paradise. Kalk Bay definitely has a number of quirky characters and interesting shops. Every second shop pulled me in, bohemian heaven, needless to say I was in heaven.
Kalk Bay is 100% Cape Town's trendiest seaside villages with a bohemian style, growing nightlife and amazing arts and theatre. 







  3. V&A Waterfront  

V&A waterfront, where does one begin? I was blessed to experience the hype on my birthday starting off with French toast and of cause bacon. Got told to get done that a adventure of a lifetime was going to take place. To my surprise being rushed, between phone calls and gifts my boyfriend managed to get  me up and  to the V&A Waterfront. I was speechless. The friendly people, sound of drums beating in the distance, joyful sounds of laughter filled the air. It took me a while to embrace everything and just contain my excitement (I didn't want everyone to know I am a Karoo girl).
The perfect introduction to the beauty of Cape Town is a sunset champagne cruise accompanied by the perfect companion, a few breaching whales, beautiful weather and of cause the champagne.
I gave my game away when I saw the beautiful lights from the city reflect on the ocean, the sun setting on the brim of the glazing water, it was a Canon moment. A moment to capture everything one cannot put into words, the beauty of a perfect sunset and of cause yes  the champagne.




 4. Hout Bay

Hout Bay has a very active fishing harbor ranging from both humans and seals waltzing around hoping to snatch a unfinished snack from your grip.
Hout Bay has quite a couple of restaurants I would recommend to everyone passing by and remember to keep your eyes open the hawkers’ stalls always have a gem or two meant for you.






 5. Robben Island

Last but not least a well known tourist attraction Robben Island-where Nelson Mandela spent 18 of the 27 years of his imprisonment. Sadly our time had a limit and we didn't make it there this time, but we got a beautiful view of the island from Signal hill on a beautiful day and it’s a bucket list visit!




Cape Town has so much more to offer, the aquarium, helicopter tours, paragliding from Signal Hill and of cause lets not forget the winelands.

My adventure has been great and memories to last a life time has been created.

Hope it inspires your inner tourist vibes to pack up and explore The Mother City.

Cape Town you were great!

Namaste xx




Comments