A smoothie a day keeps the doctor away


Growing up with both parents being teachers we always left the house around the same time, so primary school started off with the tradition of having breakfast together before everyone started their day. High school came along, tradition became an occasional hi and bye and the habit of having breakfast faded away. I actually got to a point where my first meal would be around ten and I became accustomed to that.

University crept onto my path and my energy seemed to fade by my 09:15 lecture and NMMU students know how tempting flavas fries are, (I only had it once though). The effort of making breakfast and also ensuring that I do not devour a bowl of sugar coated crunch or drenched fries was the beginning of my smoothie experiments. I became Professor with the smoothie creations being my Power puff girls,with sugar and spice and all things nice.

It is time I share these creations with you that kept me going.


The Sweet Peach Smoothie

 


2 cups almond milk
1/2 frozen banana
3/4 steamed sweet potato
3 cups frozen peaches
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 scoop protein powder (optional)

*Add all ingredients in blender and blend till smooth.








Minty Cucumber Coconut Smoothie 




1  medium cucumber
3 cups baby spinach
1/4 apple
1/2 cup mint
1 cup coconut water

*Blend all ingredients except the coconut water, add coconut water once solids blended.










Raspberry Smoothie


 
1 1/2 cups coconut water
2 cups baby spinach
1 cup frozen raspberries
1 teaspoon fresh lavender
1 cup ice

*Add all ingredients into a blender and blend till smooth.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Carrot Cake Smoothie

 


4 cups baby spinach
5 grated carrots
1/2 apple
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice

* Add all ingredients into a blender and blend till smooth.



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Watermelon and Cucumber Smoothie


 
1 cup coconut water
1 cucumber
2 cups diced watermelon
1 cup ice

*Add all ingredients into a blender and blend till smooth.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Blueberry Bliss Smoothie

 

1 cup coconut water
1 cup baby spinach
1 pear
2 cups blueberries
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest

 *Add all ingredients into a blender and blend till smooth.










I hope these help make your rushed morning a bit easier and give you the kick start you need. If you have any smoothie recipes you would like to share with me just leave a comment :)

Namaste xx



Comments